Lindsay M. Lofgran
Lindsay M. Lofgran is an associate with the firm and a member of the business and estate planning practice groups. Prior to specializing in the transactional area, Lindsay provided essential litigation support in commercial litigation issues. Lindsay’s litigation experience has provided her with valuable insight into structuring and protecting clients’ estate and business plans.
Lindsay received her undergraduate degree in communications with a business management minor from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah as a Gordon B. Hinckley Presidential Scholar. Prior to attending law school, Lindsay interned with KTVX-ABC 4 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Lindsay received her Juris Doctor degree from the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University, where she appeared multiple times on the Dean’s List. While in law school, Lindsay served as an executive editor for the BYU Journal of Public Law and a submissions editor for the BYU Education and Law Journal. Prior to joining Beard St. Clair Gaffney, Lindsay interned at Wilkinson Barker Knaeur in Washington, D.C.
Lindsay was born and raised in Rexburg. She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, playing her violin in the Rexburg Tabernacle Orchestra, and experimenting (and often failing) with new recipes.
- J. Reuben Clark School of Law
- Brigham Young University, Juris Doctor 2011
- Brigham Young University, BA Communications and Business
- Management Minor, 2008 – Cum Laude
Business and Transactional Law
- Drafted purchase agreement and related documents for multi-million dollar sale of agribusiness
- Formed several LLCs, including drafting operating agreements
- Formed several LLLPs, including drafting partnership agreements
- Domesticated foreign entities in Idaho and Delaware
- Drafted several non-compete and non-solicitation employment agreements
- Drafted multiple real estate transaction documents, including commercial and residential purchase agreements and commercial leases
Estate Planning and Administration
- Drafted multiple charitable remainder trusts for large farming clients
- Drafted standalone retirement trusts
- Drafted several revocable living trusts, wills, durable financial powers of attorney, living wills and healthcare powers of attorney, and HIPAA releases
- Drafted multiple TEDRA (Trust and Estate Dispute Resolution Act) agreements
- Drafted multiple prenuptial agreements
- Assisted in successfully representing corporate client in business fraud and breach of contract case, including successfully articulating limitations on Idaho’s Dead Man’s Statute as to business communications
- Assisted in representing clients in disputes as to breach of business contracts
- Assisted in successfully representing fiduciary client in estate dispute regarding the relationship of Idaho’s slayer statute and intestate succession laws
- Assisted in successfully quieting title to real property in Madison County, Idaho.
- Co-author, “No Glossing Over Indemnification Provisions,” The Advocate, June/July 2013
- Idaho State and Federal Bar
- Business and Corporate Law Section
- Taxation, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Real Property Section
- American Bar Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Wealth Counsel
- Eastern Idaho Estate Planning Council
- Idaho Women Lawyers Rexburg Civic Club
- Beard St. Clair Gaffney
- 2011 to present