Jarin O. Hammer
Jarin Hammer, has been practicing law for nearly 15 years and is considered our tax expert, with an LL.M. in taxation from the University of Florida. He advises business owners on a wide array of legal issues including the formation of entities, taxation of business transactions, contract negotiations, land use and planning issues, and mergers and acquisitions.
As a business owner he understands that “owners” wrestle with the hard decisions that help a business to thrive and/or survive. He also understands businesses’ need for clear guidance, staying within a budget, finding legal ways to enable business plans, and facilitating deal making. Jarin’s accounting and tax background enables him to deal with complex financial issues that both large and small businesses face and understands the consequences those decisions may have on the bottom line.
Areas of Expertise
- University of Florida, LL.M. 1997
- University of Idaho, Juris Doctor 1996
- Brigham Young University, BS Accounting 1991
- The multi-million dollar sale of a local grocery store to a national chain.
- Negotiating million dollar contracts for a local technology company with both a national and international presence.
- Tax planning for a multi-million dollar farming operation during the business succession process.
- Enabled a multi-million dollar cement company obtain special use permits for mining.
- Represent various businesses before the IRS and Idaho State Tax Commission relating to income, sales, and use tax issues.
- Represented a regional bank on workout and foreclosures issues
- Idaho State Bar
- Business & Corporate Law Section
- Real Property Section
- Beard St. Clair Gaffney PA
- 1997 to Present
- State Farm Insurance
- Legal Intern
- Melaleuca, Inc.
- Corporate Accountant
- 1992 to 1993