Jared W. Allen
Jared W. Allen is a partner in our Idaho Falls office and is a member of the firm’s litigation team and business team. Within those teams he focuses his practice on supporting the industries upon which our regional economy is most dependent by emphasizing health care law, employment law, and issues relating to agribusiness.
Jared assists his healthcare clients with healthcare transactions, including practice formations, physician employment arrangements, physician recruitment contracts, practice acquisitions and/or mergers; practice space acquisitions and leases, equipment acquisitions and leases, and professional service agreements. He advises and assists clients in navigating the myriad laws and regulations governing healthcare today. His clients range from small individual practices to large multi-physician regional group practices and include multidisciplinary allied health services practices.
Jared has supported a number of local and regional businesses by advising them with respect to their employment needs in the formation of employment relationships, the protection of employers from unfair competition by employees, the establishment of policies and procedures to protect employers from liability for discrimination under the tangled web of anti-discrimination laws and regulations, and defend his clients should allegations of discrimination, harassment, or wage claims arise.
Jared grew up in and around the agriculture industry in Southeast Idaho and has been involved in supporting agribusiness clients in both employment and non-employment related matters. His experience includes negotiating and preparing farm leases, including crop-sharing arrangements, defending and prosecuting crop loss claims, negotiating and documenting farm purchases, and protecting growers and other agribusiness operators through secured transactions and the applicable provisions of the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act.
As a native of Idaho Falls, Jared is passionate about supporting the continued economic progress and prosperity of our region.
Reported Appellate Decisions
- Zollinger v. Carrol, 137 Idaho 397 (2002)
- Woodland Furniture, LLC v. Larsen, 142 Idaho 140 (2005)
- New Phase Investments, LLC v. Jarvis, 153 Idaho 207 (2012)
- University of Idaho, Juris Doctor 1998
- Brigham Young University, BA English 1995
- Reorganized health care entity to establish multidisciplinary practice providing allied health services to patients throughout the United States.
- Prepared Stark and Anti-Kickback compliant office space rental agreements for physician owned health care facility providing space to non-owner physicians on periodic or part time intervals.
- Prepared Stark and Anti-Kickback compliant equipment rental agreements for physician owned health care facility providing equipment to non-owner physicians on periodic or part time intervals.
- Prepared Stark and Anti-Kickback compliant personal services agreements for multidisciplinary health care practice engaging physicians as subcontractors.
- Prepared Laboratory Services Agreement for clinical laboratory to establish exclusive provider relationship with health care facilities.
- Prepare physician employment agreements, including agreements for physicians recruited by local hospital for employment in private medical practices.
- Scrutinize and revise hospital recruiting agreements on behalf of private medical practices employing the services of hospital recruited physicians.
- Scrutinize and revise electronic medical record service agreements on behalf of health care providers contracting with electronic medical record system providers.
- Negotiate, scrutinize and revise exclusive service provider agreements between specialty health care practices and hospitals for the provision of hospital based services.
- Oversee removal of Chief Executive Officer of large non-profit home health/hospice agency for cause.
- Negotiate and document departure of physician owner/employee from large multi-specialty practice group.
- Successfully defended various employers against claims alleging discriminatory or harassing employment practices or other workplace practices under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Equal Pay Act, and the Idaho Human Rights Act.
- Successfully defended employers against wage claims alleged under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Advise and assist employers in establishing policies and procedures to prevent and protect against liability arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Equal Pay Act, the Idaho Human Rights Act, and other employment related administrative, statutory and common laws.
- Advise and assist client in addressing workplace issues relating to service animals and prepare workplace pet prohibition policy with ADA specific exception.
- Advise and assist client in addressing workplace issues relating to transgender employee undergoing gender reassignment procedures.
- Develop Affirmative Action Plan to address allegations of underutilization of women and minorities.
- Advise and assist client in farm acquisition and prepare shared well agreement to protect clients access to irrigation water.
- Document all aspects of loan including security interest in large cattle herd and later assisted in foreclosing security interest and taking possession of herd.
- Successfully prosecuted million dollar crop loss claim against multi-national agricultural chemical manufacturer for defective product and defective labeling claims to a favorable resolution.
- Successfully defended individual investors by obtaining summary judgment on claims by other investors alleging breach of contract, promissory estoppel and other claims in securities fraud action.
- Successful jury trial securing significant damage award from jury and quiet title from court in construction contract dispute on behalf of residential construction contractor.
- Provided litigation support and trial assistance in commercial defamation claim securing jury verdict in excess of $11 million.
- Provided litigation support and trial assistance in breach of contract claim securing substantial judgment on jury verdict and zero liability related to alleged counterclaims.
- Idaho State Bar
- Litigation Section
- Health Law Section
- Employment & Labor Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Southeast Idaho Chapter
- Beard St. Clair Gaffney
- 1998 to present