John St. Clair is a Senior Member of the Bar and retired from practice.
John St. Clair practiced law in Idaho since 1974. John had extensive experience in wills and trusts, probate, trust administration, and real estate transactions. In addition, John successfully mediated and arbitrated over 70 matters with a completion / success rate of 80%. John was an an active member of the community. He served on numerous boards of directors and was passionate about providing service to both our clients and the community.
- Represented estate personal representative in small, medium, and large estates.
- Handled after-death administration of estates governed by both wills and trusts.
- Prepared and filed fiduciary income, estate, and inheritance tax returns.
- Negotiated settlement of estate tax disputes.
- Prosecuted and defended numerous deed of trust, mortgage, and lien foreclosures.
- Drafted condominium declarations for commercial and residential condominiums.
- Created planned unit developments.
- Appointed as master in several court proceedings.
- Actively involved as counsel in many litigated real estate and probate cases.
- Prosecuted appeals to the Idaho Supreme Court and the United States 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Contributing author, National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys, Practice Took Kit.
- Grader for Idaho Bar Exam on numerous occasions.